The Congregational Chapel
stood and a part of the pulpit is thought to have been incorporated in the staircase. During the 1970's the Congregational Church became the United Reformed Church and was closed down from Easter Sunday 1976 (apart from one funeral service) but was reopened by The Assemblies of God in March 1977.
Loch House was originally built for a Congregational Chapel and opened on 3rd. September 18 79.
The Wesleyan Chapel
About the same period as the Congregational Church was opened at Neaton, a Wesleyan Chapel was built in Cley Lane, now known as Saham Road; during the hundred or so years of its life it had a somewhat fluctuating existence, suffering many a rise and fall of membership.
In 1870 its membership had diminished to such an extent that the Chapel was sold to a private owner. Interest however was aroused again after a few years and in 1881 the Chapel was repurchas ed, it carried on with varying success until 1933, when the Union of the Primitive Methodist and the Wesleyans took place, resulting in the Saham Road Chapel being closed.
previous / next - for more information about Watton Pentecostal Church