Watton Churches Together
“Watton Churches Together” is a meeting together of the clergy and ministers of the four Churches in Watton and three representatives from each Church.
The member Churches are:
St Mary’s Church of England,
Watton Methodist Church
Watton Pentecostal Church
Watton Roman Catholic Community.
We meet at 7.30pm on the first Wednesday in each month, except January, to pray together. In February, June and October, we also meet for business, to share and to plan joint activities. The venue of the meetings rotates between the churches. The Annual General Meeting is held in June and the small financial accounts are then approved and officers are elected for the coming year. Watton Churches Together has its own Working Guidelines but is not associated to any branch of Churches Together in England
Aims of Watton Churches Together:
- To encourage a shared witness of the love of God through Jesus to the town;
- To enable the town to see that we all worship and serve the same God;
- To enable Watton Churches to do things together which would not be possible for one Church acting on its own.
Main Activities of Watton Churches Together:
- Annual Light of Christian Unity Service held in January and hosted by each Church in turn;
- Participation in the planning and activities of the annual Watton Carnival in which the High Street is closed for the day and the festival opened by united, open air worship in the High Street;
- The annual Town Carol Service in the Queen’s Hall theatre in the town, at which a collection is taken for a local charity or appeal.
- Participation and sharing in other town events as the opportunity arises.
Name of contact for Watton Churches Together:
Rod Broughall 01953 881989 and email@example.com